Peaceful Retreat and Camping spot available and within walking distance of Rocky Pond! You can also hike and explore the abutting town-owned land!
**Cash Sale Preferred, but possible owner financing considered with a 50% down payment**
The Town of Canterbury centrally located and borders the State Capitol of Concord and the location of the town provides easy access to the White Mountains, Lakes Region, Boston and so much more! This Beautiful 5.75-acre parcel is located in the picturesque town of Canterbury, where you can enjoy the great outdoors year-round! Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Shoeing, Swimming, shopping and more.
This lot with its rugged and rolling hills offers you the ideal camping retreat and is located on a quiet quiet dirt road with friendly neighbors. It offers you privacy when you want it and modern conveniences when you need them. If you’re looking for a place to bring family and friends for a week OR a weekend getaway this place is for you!
There are many year-round recreational opportunities in Canterbury and surrounding towns. The Merrimack River forms the western border of Canterbury and there are several locations in town where you can access the river, which provide canoe and kayak launching, swimming, and fishing. There are hiking trails and conservation areas that are open to the public. In the winter months, the New Hampshire Snow-Shakers snowmobile club operates a clubhouse and a large network of trails for snowmobile enthusiasts and cross country skiers.
Being centrally located in the Lakes Region, close to many area attractions and daily essentials, what’s not to love.
- Lake Winnipesaukee
- Gunstock Mountain Resort
- Mount Sunapee Resort
- Mt Kearsarge State Forest
- Loon Mountain
- White Mountains
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Click here for a complete list of things to do, dine, shop, and more in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is the lot buildable?
- Yes, however, the road will need to be improved and site work completed to make it buildable.
- Has the property been perked for a septic and well?
- No, the property will need a Septic System and it will need a Well.
- Is this Town maintained Road?
- No, this is not a town-maintained road, it is a Class 6 road.
- Is the property landlocked?
- No, you can access it from Snowshoe Lane, and while snow is on the ground walk into the property as the road is likely not cleared of snow.
- Where do I get directions?
- The lot does not have a structure on it, so there is no numbered address. However, you access the property via Snowshoe Lane, and take it all the way to the end of the road to what is something like a “cul de sac”, park your car and walk into the property as there is quite a bit of snow on the ground and the road is not cleared.
- GPS Coordinates and Google Maps Link to help you locate and access the property:
So what are you waiting for, this property offers the best of both worlds – a private retreat, year-round activities, and easy access to everyday necessities.
Call us today (617) 843-5267 and find out how easy it is to own this beautiful retreat and begin building dreams that will last a lifetime.
How to secure this property:
Click on the Buy Now button and secure this property with a down payment. Our credit card processor, Stripe with MoonClerk, will handle your transaction safely. Or, call us at (857) 869-1966 to discuss other payment methods.
Not sure you can afford this investment but have good credit? Click here to learn how you can get a loan to make this purchase today.
Property Type: Vacant Land
Address: Mountain Rd. Canterbury, NH 03224
Lot Size: 5.75 Acres
County: Merrimack County
Zoning: Natural Resource
Terrain: Varied Terrain (Rolling & Sloping)
Power: On Mountain Rd.
Water: Water (Well will be needed)
Sewer: Septic (Septic be needed)
Roads: Dirt – Class 6
Title Info: Clear Title via General Warranty Deed with title insurance
Annual Property Taxes (Approx): $407.00
Terms: Cash Sale. Possible owner financing considered with a 50% down payment.
- RV\Travel Trailer Allowed
- Cannot us RV\Trailer as a permanent residence
- No Manufactured Homes
- No Size Restrictions
The Town of Canterbury is in Merrimack County in the central part of New Hampshire bordering the State Capitol of Concord. Canterbury’s location provides residents and visitors easy access to the White Mountains, Lakes Region and Boston MA.
There are multiple four-season recreational opportunities in Canterbury. The Merrimack River forms the western border with the Town of Boscawen. There are several access points to the river in town that provide canoe and kayak launching, swimming, and fishing to area residents and visitors. There are hiking trails and conservation areas that are open to the public. In the winter months, the NH Snow-Shakers snowmobile club operates a clubhouse and a large network of trails for snowmobile enthusiasts and cross country skiers.
Merrimack County is a county in t New Hampshire. The county seat is Concord, which is the capital of New Hampshire. The county was organized in 1823 from parts of Hillsborough and Rockingham counties and is named for the Merrimack River.