The options are endless and this gem offers you the best of both worlds a quiet retreat when you want it AND access to modern everyday essentials, dining, entertainment, and culture!
Imagine being nestled in the quiet countryside, where you can unplug and reconnect with your friends and family. This parcel offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful retreat when you are needing it but a short drive to many of the everyday amenities. This property is located outside the city limits and is perfect for someone looking to build OR have a weekend retreat.
The town of Jackson is located in historic Butts County which is a short 40 miles south of Atlanta and is a growing and diverse city, rich in culture and history. Historic homes, big-city amenities, and small-town charms abound as you drive through our downtown area of Jackson. Stop for coffee on Jackson Square, take your pick from many different restaurants around town, shop in family-owned stores, or just enjoy the scenery of the idyllic downtown square.
If you feel like launching your boat, kayak, or jet ski there is public access via Lloyd Shoals Dam and it is 1 mile down the road. Martins Marina is a short 5-minute drive from the property is a full-service marina, they have a fully stocked store with all your boating needs for a day on the water or a place to dock your boat! Martin Marina has a boat launch AND they offer boat and motor rentals!
- Jackson Lake – If you are looking to get out on the water or just sit back and relax – then you are in luck! Jackson Lake is within walking distance! The lake is a large recreational reservoir that offers a variety of water activities from swimming, skiing to boating – just to name a few. Jackson Lake is one of the oldest reservoirs in Georgia and is located 44 miles southeast of Atlanta in a rural area situated within parts of three counties (Jasper, Newton, and Butts).
- High Falls State Park – another outdoor recreational spot – that is a must-see! Here you can stand in awe of the tallest cascading waterfall south of Atlanta. Here you can enjoy hiking, boating, kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddleboards – or you can simply sit back and toss in a line in High Falls Lake and see what you can catch. High Falls Lake is recognized as one of the nation’s top family fishing destinations.
- Indian Springs State Park – offers many recreational activities camping, hiking trails, and river activities. Once you are done with the outdoor activities, then a stop in the Village at Indian Springs is a must! The village offers a chance to view several of its beautiful botanical gardens. If shopping is on your list, there are a variety of shops and stores, whether you are just browsing or looking for that special gift and there are numerous dining options.
Call us today and find out how fast, easy and simple it is to buy this gem and begin building memories to last a lifetime! (617) 843-5267
How to hold this property:
Click on the Buy Now button and secure this property with a down payment. Our credit card processor, Stripe with MoonClerk, will handle your transaction safely. Or, call us at (617) 433-7758 to discuss other payment methods.
Not sure you can afford this investment but have good credit? Click here to learn how you can get a loan to make this purchase today.
Property Type: Vacant Land
Address: Marvin McEwen Rd, Jackson, Georgia 30233 (outside the city limits)
County: Butts County
Terrain: Varied Terrain
Power: Power on the road
Water: County Water Available (Butts County Water/Sewer Authority)
Sewer: Septic system will be needed
Title Info: Clear Title via Special Warranty Deed or General Warranty Deed if closed with a title company
Annual Property Taxes (Approx): $233.35
Terms: Cash Sale – Buyer to pay documentation or Closing costs if closed with a title company
Approximate Front Middle: 33.321292, -83.854283
Approx Upper Middle: 33.321489, -83.854244
RV’s – Allowed
- Can camp on property up to 30 days per calendar year
- Can park the RV and leave it on the property
- Cannot use RV as a permanent residence
Modular & Manufactured Homes – Allowed
- 1,400 Sq. Ft. or Larger
Butts County is steeped in history that draws many visitors each year to places like the Indian Springs Hotel, once a bustling stagecoach stop near Indian Springs State Park, the nation’s oldest. See the place where the Treaty of Indian Springs was signed in the 1820’s and learn the story of the Native Americans who once made their homes here.
Butts County is also part of the Civil War Heritage Trail where you can trace the path of Sherman’s “March to the Sea” which took the Federal Army through Butts County in 1864. Visit the dam at Jackson Lake, built in 1911, which was a cornerstone of what later became the Georgia Power Company. When it comes to history, Butts County has a lot of it to explore and experience.
Our company, Mohegan Real Estate LLC, is a family-owned property investment company. We acquire real estate far below market value and pass the savings on to our customers. We take pride in professional individualized service, quick and convenient transactions, and buyer satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This property is either owned by Mohegan Real Estate LLC or under contract and selling the equitable interest in the contract. Equal Opportunity Housing.