Perfect for Camping, Hunting, or Social Distancing!
This unrestricted Buncombe County property is perfect for someone looking to build OR have a weekend recreational tract. Enjoy the privacy of being nestled at the end of a dead-end road with paved road frontage, while being able to soak in the views of nearby mountains.
This property already has a road system in place that leads to a cleared area that would be perfect for an RV OR a small cabin.
There are many local attractions for anyone craving adventure, from zip-lining at Navitat, to mountain biking in Pisgah National Forest, or even hiking to the top of Mount Mitchell – the highest peak East of the Mississippi.
Less than 30 minutes away, you can visit Asheville, where you will find world-class restaurants, craft breweries, and so much more.
Call Justin Rolfe at 704-998-1013 today for your private tour OR email email@example.com for more information!
- Navitat Canopy Adventures: 3.1 miles (6 minutes)
- Navitat Canopy Adventures this park has it all: Treetop Tour, Mountaintop Tour, Guided RTV Shadow Tour to their Ultimate Adventure Package. This is a must see attraction!
- Big Ivy Historical Park: 3.4 miles (5 minutes).
- The Big Ivy Historical Society has developed the Big Ivy Historical Park to preserve the unique history of the area encompassing Dillingham and Barnardsville, North Carolina. The park sits on the site of a 1930s CCC camp and contains the pre-Civil War cabin of Henry Stevens Carson, grandson of the founding family, Absolum and Rebecca Dillingham, of what is now known as the Big Ivy Community.
- Linville Falls – 45 miles (1 hour)
- Linville Falls is probably the most photographed waterfall in North Carolina. It is located on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Located in Burke County, Linville Falls drops 90 ft. into the 12-mile long Linville Gorge with cliffs towering above the river. Only one of the trails is strenuous, and you can hike to all five viewpoints with a four-mile hike. A second parking area is near the village of Linville Falls in Pisgah National Forest – a great option for winter hikes when the Parkway is closed.
- Chimney Rock State Park: 43 miles (56 minutes)
- Chimney Rock State Park come and experience the best of the North Carolina mountains in one place for the last 100+ years, tourists have journeyed to see this 500-million-year-old towering monolith, and the park’s “one-stop shopping” for what the mountains are loved for: dramatic scenery, exhilarating hiking trails, rare plants, native wildlife and one of North Carolina’s highest waterfalls (featured in the movie The Last of the Mohicans).
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park: 54 miles (1 hour 4 minutes)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. The sprawling landscape encompasses lush forests and an abundance of wildflowers that bloom year-round. Streams, rivers, & waterfalls appear along hiking routes that include a segment of the Appalachian Trail. It is the most visited national park in the USA and there are 520,976 acres to explore, so there is plenty of room for all with many things to do.
- Pisgah National Forest: 49 miles (55 minutes)
- The Pisgah National Forest is a land of mile-high peaks, cascading waterfalls, and heavily forested slopes. Comprised of over 500,000 acres, the Pisgah is primarily a hardwood forest with whitewater rivers, waterfalls and hundreds of miles of trails.
How to hold this property:
Click on the Buy Now button and secure this property with a down payment. Our credit card processor, Stripe with MoonClerk, will handle your transaction safely. Or, call us at (617) 433-7758 to discuss other payment methods.
Not sure you can afford this investment but have good credit? Click here to learn how you can get a loan to make this purchase today.
APN: 9776-31-7877-00000 (11.01 Acres) & 9776-32-7343-00000 (8 Acres)
Property Type: Vacant Land
Address: 00 Whittemore Branch Road Barnardsville, NC 28709
Legal Description: B4- -28.7
County: Buncombe County
Terrain: Varied Terrain
Power: Power on the road
Water: Well will be needed
Sewer: Septic system will be needed
Title Info: Clear Title via Special Warranty Deed or General Warranty Deed if closed with a title company
Annual Property Taxes (Approx): $426.47 (11.01 acres) & $357.21 (8 acres)
Terms: Cash Sale – Buyer to pay documentation or Closing costs if closed with a title company
Buncombe County is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. The county was formed in 1791 from parts of Burke County and Rutherford County. It was named for Edward Buncombe, a colonel in the American Revolutionary War, who was captured at the Battle of Germantown. The large county originally extended to the Tennessee line.
The French Broad River enters the county at its border with Henderson County to the south and flows north into Madison County. The source of the Swannanoa River, which joins the French Broad River in Asheville, is in northeast Buncombe County near Mount Mitchell which is a part of the range known as the Black Mountains. Mt. Mitchell is the highest point in the eastern United States at 6,684 ft.
Our company, Mohegan Real Estate LLC, is a family-owned property investment company. We acquire real estate far below market value and pass the savings on to our customers. We take pride in professional individualized service, quick and convenient transactions, and buyer satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This property is either owned by Mohegan Real Estate LLC or under contract and selling the equitable interest in the contract. Equal Opportunity Housing.