Outdoor Enthusiasts, Anglers, Hunters, and Nature Lovers Paradise with No Restrictions & a short drive to many area attractions!
Perfect for Camping, Hunting, or Social Distancing!
No Restrictions – Outside the City Limits!
This 10-acre parcel is located just outside the city limits of Murphy, NC. Murphy is located in Cherokee County located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. Some say the town of Murphy resembles a Norman Rockwell painting with its flower and tree-lined streets. Murphy offers visitors and locals access to restaurants, unique shops, and other interesting establishments all within walking distance in the heart of town.
Murphy offers something for everyone, and the number of recreational activities is unlimited from mountain biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, to local trout streams. Hiwassee Lake, Hiwassee River (flows right into the heart of downtown Murphy, making it a popular destination or exploration spot for water adventurers), Apalachia Lake, Nantahala National Forest, snd Chattahoochee National Forest are just a few of the many amazing recreational areas to visit and hang out.
So, if you are looking for a beautiful small town in the mountains, look no further. Murphy indeed offers the small-town charm at it’s very best and access to everyday essentials when you need them!
- Hiwassee Lake: 4.7 miles (13 minutes)
- Hiwassee Lake is considered to be one of the most beautiful lakes in the state. Lake Hiwassee is surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest, and offers spectacular scenery. Lake Hiwassee is primarily fed by the Hiwassee, Nottely, and Valley rivers. The lake covers 6,090 acres with almost 180 miles of shoreline; it measures 22 miles long and more than 200 feet deep in places. Boater, canoer, and kayakers will find easy access to the water at the Hanging Dog Recreation Area on Lake Hiwassee with a campground, picnic area, hiking trails, and a boat launching ramp.
- Apalachia Lake: 5 miles (17 minutes)
- Apalachia Lake is located entirely within Cherokee County NC west of Murphy. The lake is 9.8 miles long, has 31 miles of shoreline. Appalachia Lake is a small, deep, cool-water lake in a mountainous setting. It receives little fishing pressure because of its isolated nature. Sportfish include smallmouth bass, spotted bass, largemouth bass, redbreast sunfish, and white bass.
- Nantahala National Forest – 19 miles (30 minutes)
- Spans three counties, the middle of the popular outdoor destination is located in the heart of Cherokee County in Murphy. The Nantahala is divided into three sections, with the Tusquitee Ranger District being the portion within Cherokee County. With over 500,000 total acres, finding the right activity for you, whether in Cherokee County or a short drive away, is never a problem.
- Chattahoochee National Forest: 28 miles (45 minutes)
- Chattahoochee National Forest located in the North Georgia Mountains. The Chattahoochee National Forest is composed of an eastern and western forest. The western forest contains Johns Mountain, Little Sand Mountain, and Taylor Ridge.
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park: 65.4 miles (1 1/2 hours)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. The sprawling landscape encompasses lush forests and an abundance of wildflowers that bloom year-round. Streams, rivers, & waterfalls appear along hiking routes that include a segment of the Appalachian Trail.
Put on your hiking boots, jump in your car, and come see this wonderful piece of property today! And when you are done exploring this gem, give us a call and find out how easy it is to own this beautiful retreat and begin building memories that will last a lifetime!
How to hold this property:
Click on the Buy Now button and secure this property with a down payment. Our credit card processor, Stripe with MoonClerk, will handle your transaction safely. Or, call us at (617) 433-7758 to discuss other payment methods.
Not sure you can afford this investment but have good credit? Click here to learn how you can get a loan to make this purchase today.
Property Type: Vacant Land
Address: Owassa Rd Murphy, NC 28906
Legal Description: B4- -28.7
County: Cherokee County
Zoning: No Zoning for properties outside the city limits
Terrain: Varied Terrain
Power: Power on the road
Water: Well will be needed
Sewer: Septic system will be needed
Roads: Paved and Gravel but well kept throughout
Title Info: Clear Title via Special Warranty Deed or General Warranty Deed if closed with a title company
Annual Property Taxes (Approx): $545.31
Terms: Cash Sale – Buyer to pay documentation or Closing costs if closed with a title company
South Entrance: 35.150133, -84.288644
North Entrance: 35.151308, -84.286822
Additional GPS Coordinates:
North-East Corner: 35.151186, -84.286092
North-West Corner: 35.151194, -84.288822
South-West Corner: 35.150344, -84.289497
South-East Corner: 35.150178, -84.287217
Power Line Easement: 35.150953, -84.287675
Cherokee County is the westernmost county in the state of North Carolina and it borders Tennessee to its west and Georgia to its south. The county was formed in 1839 from the western part of Macon County and was named for the Cherokee Native Americans, some of whom still live in the area. Located in the southern Appalachian Mountains, Cherokee County contains a varied natural landscape, and some portions of the county fall within the boundaries of the Nantahala National Forest, and the Hiawassee River – a tributary of the Tennessee River – flows through the county from southeast to northwest.
Murphy, North Carolina, is the county seat of Cherokee County located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. Murphy is a charming old town with its beautiful flower and tree-lined streets. M buildings have been restored to their original state. Murphy offers numerous restaurants, unique shops, and other interesting establishments all within walking distance.
Recreational activities are unlimited from local trout streams to mountain biking. Hiwassee Lake is considered one of the most beautiful in the state. Murphy offers something for every sports enthusiast.
Our company, Mohegan Real Estate LLC, is a family-owned property investment company. We acquire real estate far below market value and pass the savings on to our customers. We take pride in professional individualized service, quick and convenient transactions, and buyer satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This property is either owned by Mohegan Real Estate LLC or under contract and selling the equitable interest in the contract. Equal Opportunity Housing.